Assembly New Year – Resolutions for Kids
It’s your Assembly New Year.
Here are 10 common New Year Resolutions chosen for children by adults.
(Really looking for New Year Resolution Videos – Try These)
- Eat healthier – try to eat five fruits and vegetables each day and drink no sugary drinks.
- Get active – spend less than two hours each day in front of the TV, computer or playing video games and get at least one hour of physical activity each day.
- Take care of your teeth – brush your teeth twice a day. Tooth decay is the number one chronic childhood disease.
- Be safe – make sure everybody in the car (including parents) is properly buckled in with a car seat, booster seat or seat belt.
- Give back – help someone else in the community through volunteering, working with community groups or by joining a group that helps people in need.
- Be kind – a smile and a kind word can go a long way. Tell your mom and dad, brothers and sisters or your friends that they are appreciated and loved. Be friendly to kids who don’t have any friends.
- Try new things – find a sport or an activity (like playing tag, dancing or riding a bike) you like and try to do it regularly.
- Protect yourself – never give out personal information such as your name, home address, school name or telephone number on the internet. Never send a picture of yourself to someone by cell phone, e-mail or the internet without your parent’s permission.
- Lend a helping hand – pick up after yourself, put your toys away when you’re done playing with them and don’t leave your dirty clothes on the floor. Your parents are very busy and need a little help.
- Express yourself – when you feel angry, frustrated or stressed out, take a break and find better ways to deal with these feelings, such as exercising, reading, writing in a journal or talking to your parents or a friend.