[April 22, 2022, 04:49:13 AM]

Updated AssemblyTube Database by Sara
[April 13, 2022, 08:14:44 AM]

Values Assembly - Courage: The Odd One Out

• 1 Replies

Values Assembly - Courage: The Odd One Out
« on: January 31, 2014, 08:12:43 AM »
Focus: Having Courage to be Different

1. As children enter provide an overhead with 4 pictures and a caption "Which is the odd one out?" (See my presentation - it happened to be Chinese New Year). NB There are no differences, copy and paste the same picture four times.

2. After a welcome, ask the children to show silently which picture they have chosen. Move straight on.

3. Repeat the process several times and perhaps ask individuals to justify choice.

4. Use the Elmer picture to play one final time. Appear frustrated that noone can agree but ask if anyone has anything to say or ask. Hopefully (as happened to me) a child will have the confidence to say the pictures are the same. Praise their bravery and admit your deception.

5. Can anyone link the last pictures to a book? Challenge the children to watch the video (or hear the story from a Big Book) and link what happens in it to today's assembly so far...

6. Show Youtube Animated Clip:  Anytime Tales - Elmer or tell the story.

7. Discuss the link between being one of the crowd and being happy to be different. Think about the courage it sometimes takes to stand out from the crowd.

8. Prayer/Reflection: Close your eyes and think of the things that make you different from the people on either side of you. Celebrate and/or thank God for them.

9. So what? (assemblies always end with a challenge to put the value into practice): Have courage to be the odd one out sometimes!

Courage pdf
Spoiler: images (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2022, 07:05:37 PM by Sara »

Offline Sara

• Age Range?: Primary & Secondary
  • Want a Buddy?: no
Re: Courage (Values Assemblies): The Odd One Out
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2014, 08:55:51 AM »
Great assembly again Culdrum. Much appreciated. Thank you.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 10:07:03 AM by Sara »
If video not working click "report to moderator" & we'll fix it.

It's completely free to join and use Assemblytube

SimplePortal 2.3.8 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal