Fast Menu

Values Assembly - Friendship: Food for Friends

• 1 Replies

Values Assembly - Friendship: Food for Friends
« on: March 25, 2014, 12:37:23 PM »

Another in the series of assemblies on this month's value : Friendship. Main link throughout is Jesus' friendship with the disciples. Preparation for Easter.

1. Share/ Display a picture of a Rolo (even a golden one as in the attached presentation) as children come in. Include a prompt question such as What is this? / Why is it special?

2. Share some responses from children. Depending on their vintage, you may get to the "Do you love someone enough to give them your last Rolo?" If not, have no fear and move on to....

3. Show these three Rolo adverts and challenge the children to spot the Odd One Out:
    The Original(
)

The Train Tunnel ( )

The Elephant ( )

4. Going on my experience today, you will have a range of responses but encourage the children to see that one shows a positive image of sharing food with friends and the others the opposite! Discuss other occasions when you share food with a friend... Discuss the happy times (Birthday Parties / Christmas / Weddings ) and the less happy ones (saying goodbye / leaving dos etc)

5. Ask the children about a time when they know Jesus shared food with his friends. Was this a happy time? A sad time? Retell the story of the last supper or use any one of the many resources available on Youtube. Alternatively I would strongly recommend the dramatised account of Peter from the relive Easter resource available from www.reliveresources.co.uk

6. Prayer/Reflection: With praying hands held like a cupped bowl, ask the children to think of times they have shared food with friends. Thank God for the chance to share and ask for help to be more sharing with your friends.

7. This is echoed in our 'So What' (the challenge at the end of the assembly to put the value into action): Learn to share with friends!

Friendship - Food for Friends
Spoiler: images (click to show/hide)
[/list]
« Last Edit: April 13, 2022, 04:51:47 PM by Sara »

Offline Sara

• Age Range?: Primary & Secondary
  • Want a Buddy?: no
Re: Friendship (Values Assemblies): Food for Friends
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2014, 03:34:48 PM »
Those Rolo adverts take me back. Great adverts!
Inspired thinking of yours, to use those to get over the message of friendship. Thanks Culdrum.
Mmmm. Time for some chocolate I think.
If video not working click "report to moderator" & we'll fix it.

It's completely free to join and use Assemblytube

SimplePortal 2.3.8 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal