Appreciation - Script

• 0 Replies

Offline Sara

• Age Range?: Primary & Secondary
  • Want a Buddy?: no
Appreciation - Script
« on: November 21, 2012, 08:03:39 PM »
Aim: to think about saying thank you

1 Beforehand, ask a child to help out. Wrap up a present and ask your helper to sit somewhere near, ready to give you the present when you ask for it.

2 As you start the assembly, ’notice’ the present.
Ask: is that for me? Oh good. Bring it here, then. And very rudely and greedily rip off the paper. Glance at the gift, shrug your shoulders and throw the gift to the side of the room. Tell the child to go back to their place.
Ask why the children are looking shocked. Agree that it was very rude of you. Ask the giver how she felt. Oh dear, I’ve hurt her feelings. But what should I have done?
Ask some of them to come and show you how to receive a present and what to say and do to show how much you appreciate it.

3 Say that David (as in David and Goliath) became king and also became a songwriter. He wrote lots of songs – called Psalms – some of which are songs to thank God for all his goodness. There are 150 psalms in our Bibles!

One day, David went out for a walk in the countryside. He saw waterfalls tumbling down the mountainsides and tall trees rocking in the breeze. He noticed donkeys living in the rocky mountains and birds in their nests. He thought about the wide sea with its fish and its whales and its storms, and the high sky and he was so excited by it all that he rushed back home and made up a song to say thank you to the person who had given him all these wonderful things, big and small.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2022, 04:22:20 PM by Sara »
If video not working click "report to moderator" & we'll fix it.

It's completely free to join and use Assemblytube

SimplePortal 2.3.8 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal