Tolerance - Script

• 0 Replies

Offline Sara

• Age Range?: Primary & Secondary
  • Want a Buddy?: no
Tolerance - Script
« on: November 21, 2012, 06:19:33 PM »
Aim: to think about how we behave towards people who think differently from us

1 You could either play the part of this intolerant person yourself, or put the words in the mouth of a puppet.

Pretend to be really grumpy as you stand in front of the children. Keep it all so exaggerated that they will know you are only pretending. Say: 'I'm in a really bad mood today. I'm feeling really intolerant. Do you know what that means? It means there are certain sorts of people I really can't stand. Some people I can't stand because of what they choose to wear, or because of what they look like. Some people I can't stand because of what they like. Some people I can't stand because of who they are. So please will you all stand up. And I'm going to say what sort of people I can't tolerate. If I can't tolerate your sort of person, please will you sit down, and I'll be left with the ones I can tolerate. And perhaps then I'll be happy with just the friends who are like me.

I can't tolerate people who have a guinea pig / who are wearing a watch / who like Basil Brush / who have blue eyes / who have long hair / who support a football team / who had toast for breakfast / who are wearing a white shirt …
(Continue until there are only one or two children left standing and then say:) And I can't tolerate CHILDREN!

Look round the hall, and observe that there aren't actually many / any people left. Oh dear, I'm so intolerant that I can't have any friends at all. Do you think that's good for me? Do you think that's good for everyone else? No, nor do I.

Read More ...
Tolerance Assembly Script
« Last Edit: April 13, 2022, 03:08:49 PM by Sara »
If video not working click "report to moderator" & we'll fix it.

It's completely free to join and use Assemblytube

SimplePortal 2.3.8 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal