Appreciation - The Contented Fisherman - Story

• 0 Replies

Offline Sara

• Age Range?: Primary & Secondary
  • Want a Buddy?: no
Appreciation - The Contented Fisherman - Story
« on: February 05, 2013, 09:43:47 AM »

VALUES:  Appreciation for what you have

STORY:    The very wealthy, hardworking owner of a large group of chain stores happened to be on his way to yet another meeting when he stopped to buy a cup of coffee at a fast food outlet next to the docks. He was a little disturbed to see an idle fisherman relaxing next to his old boat, in the middle of the day, staring out into the distance. “Why are you not out catching fish?” he enquired of the fisherman. The fisherman replied: “I have caught enough fish for today.”

The business man was horrified and said, somewhat crossly, “Well, why don’t you go out and catch some more and with the extra money you make, you can sell this old boat and buy yourself a bigger, more modern one!”

“Then what would I do?” asked the surprised fisherman. “Then you could catch more fish, make more money and own a whole fleet of fishing boats,” said the impatient businessman.

“Ok, and when I have all these boats, what would I do then?” asked the fisherman seriously.

“Well, then you could sit down, relax and enjoy life,” replied the businessman. “But that’s exactly what I’m doing now!” said the fisherman, gazing contentedly out to sea.

TEACHING POINT:

When is enough, enough? We always seem to want more.
Appreciation of what you have is an important value to live by. There is a song that goes: “Count your blessings, name them one by one ......”
Think of the many blessings that you have in your life.

School Assembly Stories
« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 11:26:45 PM by admin »
If video not working click "report to moderator" & we'll fix it.

It's completely free to join and use Assemblytube

SimplePortal 2.3.8 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal