[April 13, 2022, 08:14:44 AM]

Temper - Nails in the Tree - Story

• 0 Replies

Offline Sara

• Age Range?: Primary & Secondary
  • Want a Buddy?: no
Temper - Nails in the Tree - Story
« on: May 25, 2015, 08:19:05 AM »
There once was a young boy who would say terrible things to his family when he lost his temper.

One day, his father gave him a bag of nails and told him that every time he did this, he must hammer a nail into the large oak tree at the end of the garden.

At the end of the first day the boy had driven 37 nails into the tree. Over the next few weeks, as he learned to control his anger, the number of nails became less.
He discovered it was easier to hold his tongue and let his temper pass than to keep hammering those nails into the tree. Finally the day came when the boy didn't say any terrible things to his family.

He told his father about it and he suggested that the boy now pull out one nail for each day that he was able to do this.

The days passed and the young boy was finally able to tell his father that all the nails were gone. The father took his son by the hand and led him to the tree. He said, "You have done well, my son, but look at the holes still in the tree.

When you say things in anger, they cause a wound that takes time to heal. It won't matter how many times you say sorry, the wound is still there."

The little boy then understood how powerful his words were. He looked up at his father and said "I hope you can forgive me father for the holes I have put in others.” "Of course I can," said the father.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 01:56:51 PM by Sara »
If video not working click "report to moderator" & we'll fix it.

It's completely free to join and use Assemblytube

SimplePortal 2.3.8 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal